Twins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the one and only Twins

To remind you all; we need you to join in on our RaidCall channel. Raidcall is a free and easy to use software tool that allows us to instantly communicate with each other. Our RaidCall channel is: 9835946 ~It's a semi-public channel so once you search for the ID you need to apply and be accepted by a moderator. / We also have a Skype groupchat. Send a PM to anyone already in the group on the forums with your Skype name or send an invite on Skype to: Gabriel-Syno or anyone else in the group.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion for those in authority.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Suggestion for those in authority. Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Synonym

Synonym
Supporter
Supporter

The best way to fund the guild and consequently fund the members is to short sell; basically buy low, sell high. Everyone is familiar with it but if you handle it well you'll be able to put a lot of perin into the guild dummy account.

You need someone who's well informed about the market and knows when IP / items market value drop and rise. Now short selling goes a bit further than that. You "borrow" items and perin from guild members, add them up and sell them for a high price. Not too high let's say in total all the members' CESS adds up to 30. So sell the 30 CESS for 19P = 30*19= 570p, you can buy CESS's the same day again for lets say 18p, per scroll that's a profit of 1P, not that significant but if you buy 30 of them, you've made a profit of 30P. That allows you to invest more and more and if you've got a good week you can easily double the amount of CESS and spread it out among the ones who lent you their scrolls. And you can even increase the gap between buying and selling to make even more profit, but to truly make a lot of money you need to follow the market value of items. Not the perceived value that you all sell for. Everyone sells their CESS for 20P, but let's say you see 10 players sell for 15P you would go along with it and sell it near that range, this is the perceived value and you need to be careful with it. Patience is virtue, so if the prices drop wait till next week or even next month and try again.

This requires trust between members though, but even with trusts it's always best to create a thread dedicated to this. It's not as fun as bosshunting and farming, but if you buy and sell with large quantities not only will you fund the guild, the guild's memberbase will get funded as well.

And I suggest doing this with CES's and not CESS's since CES is much easier to farm, if 10 members farm for 1 hour and I mean hardcore farming you can easily get 150+ CES, add them all up, sell them for 16M or 17M, might take long but you'll definitely be able to do it and then buy them for 15M. It's best to do this in bulk amounts though. People become unaware of the individual price of an item if it's in large quantities. For example; 999 CESS * 0.15 (15M) = 149.85P, let's round it up to 150P. Now tell me honestly who of you wouldn't buy 999 CES for 180P. If you have the 180P and you're in need of CES you'll most likely buy it for 180P even though the individual price is much less, this is because the demand for CES is pretty high and not many players sell a full stack of CES, you'll be able to do it since you'll be short selling and lending and borrowing from the memberbase and afterwards spread the wealth Smile.

Hope I've been clear.

Let me hear your thoughts, whether you support this or not, and anyone who thinks he'll be able to do this please reply.

2Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:24 pm

This... is friggin genius. *jaw drops*

but enough of the comic-style reactions.. this is definitely a great way to fund not just the guild but ourselves(speaking for myself here since im a bit of a selfish kinda person but slowly working on it)

it's very hard to do, needs amazing coordination between us members but overall this is 100% awesome. *thumbs up*

3Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Synonym

Synonym
Supporter
Supporter

I'm glad you support it Smile, and yeah it definitely would help us fund not only individually but also collectively as a guild. Problem is though, after the wipe the market is unstable so prices keep changing. We'd have to wait a couple of weeks so that not only the market but the server itself is stable. In the meantime try to farm as much as you can. Funds with over 500P will be the most beneficial.

Most of us spent our Perin as soon as we get them, we spent them on UAS/CES/CESS etc. it's best to keep saving up and use short selling to make as much profit as we can. Have to be patient and might take a couple of weeks to months to find the right time to sell your stock.

4Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Dhee

Dhee
Captain
Captain

indeed Smile most of the players do that . even just for a friend not a guilde's .

http://itsmeitsconvict.wix.com/dcatcher

5Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:58 pm

i like the idea but then again we need someone who is almost always on and hangs out at market a lot.. Smile to make this possible.. and that person also has to be trust worthy..

6Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Entropius

Entropius
Rookie
Rookie

Gimme all your perins /ridicule

7Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Synonym

Synonym
Supporter
Supporter

ljmaira wrote:i like the idea but then again we need someone who is almost always on and hangs out at market a lot.. Smile to make this possible.. and that person also has to be trust worthy..

Most importantly, we need someone who recognize when the market has a perceived value and takes advantage of that whilst at the same time not falling for it himself. True we need someone who spends quite some time in the market looking around at the prices but this isn't a necessity.

As far as trustworthy concerned, that's why I suggest you all get to know each other better through events etc. and even if that person is the most trustworthy, still take regular screenshots, notify the GM that it's an account shared by 2 members and not more, because if you plan this well that account will accumulate 3k+ Perin, not many people can be trusted with that.

But again the most important thing is, a person who knows when to sell and knows when to stock. Someone who isn't all that familiar might make, for example; 30p profit per stock whilst someone who's more experienced might make 50p profit, that's a difference of 20p per stock profit so you can imagine how much it would matter in the end. Someone who isn't familiar might even lose your stock and since it's short selling it means you've borrowed most of your stock so the loss will be evident for everyone.

8Suggestion for those in authority. Empty Re: Suggestion for those in authority. Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Entropius wrote:Gimme all your perins /ridicule

Asking for all our money...
Evil grin on his face...

Nope. hahaha
kidding

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]